Saturday, March 31, 2007

the buddy system

You know how when you scuba dive, you always dive with a buddy?

I'm beginning to think I need a buddy for every-day life! I'm in Keizer, Oregon doing a 4-day workshop. Last night, I got off the elevator and walked down my hotel hallway, stopping in front of my door to insert the key card. My card wouldn't unlock the door. That's because I wasn't at the right door, even though this was the third night I was in the same hotel room! Not only was I standing in front of the wrong door, it turned out my room was across the hall! Sheeeeesh....

So then last night, I had dinner with 2 of the women attending my workshop. We went to a Thai restaurant nearby, and I drove. We had a nice, long, relaxing dinner over delicious plates of curries and stir-frys. When it was time to go, I dug into my purse to get my keys ready. No keys. No keys in my coat pocket either, or under the table or anywhere in sight. So out we went to the car....and you guessed it. Keys are in the ignition, the doors are locked tight and the car is running! The car was running the entire 2 hours we were inside enjoying dinner.

Good grief.

I shudder to think of the quality of my life in another dozen years or so....

:-)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh dear, I'll be your buddy, Ann. It seems I suffer from the same malady, lol! Once I was called to pick up my youngest son from school (he was ill) so I left the house, headed to the school, pulled up in front, went into the office. I was greeted by the secretery whom I know on a personal level. "Did you drop in for a visit?" "No, I'm here to pick up Cody." "He hasn't been here for two years, try the Jr. High." DUH!!!! LOL, (hugs to you) and OH....you really got me with the "cancellation" of FMP. I was in a panic!
Jenn

Ann Kullberg said...

Oh man. I think we might be twins separated at birth, Jenn!!! Sounds exactly like something I'd do!

Ann Kullberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ann, there really are people here reading your posts, so keep on venting! I can relate.

kate said...

I can relate too! These sorts of things seem to happen to me in bunches ...so I console myself by thinking that it is just a matter of paying more more attention to practical things.

Making A Mark said...

In my experience at the end of a day long workshop, a tutor who has been delivering a good job has very few brain cells left for navigation or routine matters like remembering where you put the car keys! It is of course the duty of the class to take the tutor out to dinner and generally make sure she has a nice relaxing time with no hassle - well that's the theory!