Sunday, May 06, 2007

Little Dutch Girl


I seem always to be writing in the few moments before a taxi comes to whisk me off to an airport. (Actually, I can't really say I "always" seem to be writing, when here lately, it's more like I "never" seem to be writing!)

Anyway...I'm off to Utah today for my annual May workshop in Provo. I will enjoy my 3 days there, because I invariably do! It's sooooooo pretty in Provo...and by now, that group feels like family, since I've been doing workshops in Provo forever and ever.

But before I go...I found a photo my sister gave me recently, taken in 1966 on the front porch of the Lutheran parsonage - our home. I'm 10. I don't remember this dress (or those godawful shoes!) but good grief....it looks like someone thought it would be a good idea to design a dress that could easily carry a toaster in its pockets!

So. You tell me? Does it look like I needed cow urine injection intervention?

Personally, I think all I need is a little shoe polish, sun-glasses and a little loosening up. I am looking like such a very good little pastor's daughter here, aren't I??? :-)

I'll write again soon! I promise!!

(Nora and I made up, btw.....thanks for asking!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure prefer your photo to some of my childhood ones which always seemed to feature those dresses which were so short you daren't bend over, knock knees and my older sisters shoes (I never liked my own!).

I'm glad to hear you and Nora are back on speaking terms, it's hard to imagine what she'd do without you :D

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Does ANYONE need a cow urine diet? EWG!!!

By the way, you've been BLOG TAGGED by me! See what I mean

on my blog post today
.(though what you could possibly reveal that's more shocking than cow-urine is a horrible thought).

Making A Mark said...

Oh - I can't wait to hear`what is more shocking than cow urine! It's not so bad being tagged either!

Ann - you look like you're wearing the shoes I used to wear for school and I definitely remember that style of dress. Remember the ones which had flouncy bits across the shoulders as well to go with the flouncey bits on the pockets?

And no - I really can't see what your parents were worried about either.

Ann Kullberg said...

Childhood photos - pretty hysterical. I just saw a photo of my brother in the Batman costume he made from odds and ends, then wore to school his senior year in high school! Ouch! How he had the nerve to go to school in black pantyhose is beyond me!

Unknown said...

I had to comment here because I don't have anyone to tag - but man I love what you did with your car! How funny! See I haven't done mine yet because there really isn't anything very colorful to tell!